The artist Josiah Philip was born August 1984 at Karim Lamido Taraba State of Nigeria. Between 1987-1993 he attended Central Primary school where his interest in art began. He attended Secondary School Bambur 1996-1999 and Diploma in Data Base Processing 2001. Josiah enroll at College of Education, Jalingo, Taraba State where he study Fine Art and Applied Art as (NCE) 2005-2008. In 2014-2017 he further his study at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria where he studied for a Bachelor's degree in Fine Art (B. A Fine Art ), specializing in sculpture.
* Josiah worked as a full-time studio artist from 2009-2014 before further his study at A. B. U Zaria
* He worked as teacher in Winner's Comprehensive High School, Jalingo 2009-2014
* He received several commissions from government and private individuals his major outdoor sculpture is a composition of male and female students reading erected in front of Winner's Comprehensive High School, Jalingo, Taraba State.
* While at the university, (A. B. U Zaria) he participated in art workshops and exhibition organized by Staff and Students of the department of Fine Art.
* In 2015 he participated in the Life in My City Art Competition.
* He was also a member of She'll Eco Marathon Team-ABU 2016/2017 for car Designing and Building (both interior and exterior) and went to South Africa on October, 2017 for Shell Eco-Marathon competitions.
* Josiah also mounted his Final Year Exhibition /Project Work at the Sculpture Garden of the department of Fine Art A.. B. U Zaria in 2017.